Monday 28 June 2010

Glam Nation: Baltimore


Adam again seems to be keeping in reserve the most challenging of notes during this WLL-less set. This is most noticeable during the WWFM singalong, but it keeps things interesting. He gets back into the crawling position last seen in Columbus during RoF, where he doesn't get up into his feet but stays on one knee. During Aftermath, it becomes apparent that the audience is full of devoted fans. Not only do they know all the words, but they sing with the inflections of the acoustic concert performance. They've spent hours watching the tour footage too. He really rocks out during SFW, getting down onto his knees. He taunts us with the first line of 'Funky Town' as Monte does his riffs during the band intro and everyone loses their shit at the prospect of a new song. But it's not to be, and Adam cracks up at fucking with us so this IIHY radiates joy.

5 comments:

  1. Dear AB, I check in here couple times a day every day (have been for more than a year now!) but usually do not leave a comment; what else is there left to say? I thought last year’s concerts were intense, omg this tour requires 3 month of annual leave. I’m exhausted of keeping up with everything: what sort of inhuman energy does adam have to keep doing show every night and to keep delivering like NO ONE have ever delivered!! I bow to him in admiration!! I bow to you in gratitude!! Thank you for everything that you do!! Every time you post on your blog – there is an unsent comment from me “THANK YOU”!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear AB, I know you have watched Adam's performance in DC already but surely have not had time post the videos and comment yet. My God, I was totally amazed by his WLL version this time. I can't wait to read what you will write about this (for me) EPIC performance of Adam and the band. They all were incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous, I only just managed to watch all the DC videos. What an electrifying super-lively set it was! I love it! Those vocals took me by complete surprise. And I know that time isn't something we have an abundance of when trying to keep up with Glam Nation, so thanks for taking the time to post and say 'Hello!'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was there in Baltimore that evening. I was standing 20' to right of stage. Adam was more than incredible. Spellbound..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharon, lucky you! It's going to be hard to get up that close again.

    ReplyDelete